- Small or book boxes: (used for books and other small but heavy items)
- Small linen: (linen and small cushions etc)
- Large linen: (comforters, blankets, large pillows and shams etc.)
- China Box: Ideal box for china (double walled)
- Wardrobe: (good for expensive clothes, has a bar so the clothes go as it is with the hangers)
- Packing Tape (be sure to tape the top and bottom of boxes)
- Packing Paper (white is preferred as newsprint may transfer ink onto your items)
- Bubble Wrap (for delicate items)
- Markers (to indicate "FRAGILE" items and be sure to mark each box with location for easy room placement)
Order supplies for your upcoming move and start the packing process early. ELITE MOVING SERVICES has a variety of packing supplies that can be ordered when you schedule your moving date and will be delivered to you free of charge ( $ 100.00 minimum order required ).These supplies will arrive well in advance of your moving so that you can start packing all the items that are not currently being used. Out of season clothing, books, extra linens, etc. can all be packed in advance.
- Start packing at least 2 weeks before the moving date.
- Short out things you want to throw, sell or store. This is the right time to get rid of the stuff that you have been meaning to.
- Place all loose items in boxes to prevent loss or damage.
- Use small boxes for heavier items, such as books, magazines, CD's etc.
- Use larger boxes for lighter items, such as linens, blankets etc.
- Always pack in reverse order of density. Place heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top or a separate box all together. This helps to prevent damage during short CA moving or long moves, and is of a great help even to the most careful movers
- DO NOT PACK valuables, like jewelry, securities, money and valuable papers. You should remove them and put them in a safe place prior to the moving day i.e. Safe deposit box, relative/friend etc. You should transport them with you personally. Flammable or perishable items should be disposed off prior to the moving.
- Wrap small, fragile items (dishes, glassware, knick knacks, etc) individually. Pad the bottom of the box, stuff papers into the corners of the box and cover the top. Bubble wrap may also be used and make sure to label as "FRAGILE".
- Use clean newsprint paper. Old newspapers may work, but use them carefully because the ink may rub off onto your items. Clean "newsprint" paper is available from ELITE MOVING SERVICES.
- Electronics should be packed in their original cartons, if available. Otherwise, pack well in a heavy-duty box using cushioning materials or bubble wrap. Make sure to back up computers and to include all of the necessary wiring for easy set up.
- Always fill each box completely–even if you end up using an excessive amount of filler material. This will reduce the chances of damage during storage, stacking and moving. This is how a professional movers and moving service packs.
- Use professional packing tape. Masking tape isn't strong enough to support fully packed cartons. Packing tape is available from ELITE MOVING SERVICES
- When packing dishes and plates, items should be wrapped individually and placed vertically in a box. Follow this process the same way you would load a dishwasher rack. This ensures that the weight and pressure of the dishes is distributed evenly. Use wrapping paper, newspaper, bubble wrap, or Styrofoam chips as a cushion between items, and crunch pieces of wrapping paper or bubble wrap and place it at the bottom of the box. It is recommended that you use 17″X17″ partition walls
- Table Lamps should be disassembled, separate shades, bulbs, and bases before packing. Label as "FRAGILE."
- Hanging clothing should be packed in wardrobe cartons; shoes, handbags, and bed pillows can be put in the bottom of the cartons.
- Desks, large and antique cabinets, dressers, bookcases, wall units, side tables and small cabinets should be emptied and their contents boxed.
- Write "Open First" on cartons containing essential items such as cooking utensils, toiletries, etc.
- Make sure that your movers load these boxes at last so that they are the first thing out of the truck.